Sunday, April 21, 2013

The R Street Ramble

At the end of the Western Pacific Historical Convention in Sacramento next month (May 17-19) I'll be hosting an 'extra fare' walking tour of R Street. Aided with old maps, historic photos, and a few remaining clues of the street's railroad past that remain, I'll lead a small group down modern day R Street while trying explain historic R Street. It's limited to the first 15 who sign up and plunk down an extra $12 - which I'm told will include coffee and pasties delivered at the starting point. At last report, over half the spots are filled. More details can be found at http://wplives.org/2013convention/

2 comments:

  1. I've answered Robert in an email regarding this, but I should post something here as well. The walk went well. I had handouts available that had a lot of visual aides to help folks imagine R Street as it was. The street retains few clues that belie its railroad past- but they are there.

    Plus it was a good walk on a pretty Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete